||Reasons to Breastfeed
Some fabulous reasons I breast fed:
- Coming from a large family with lots of loving hands who want to hold the baby, I was guaranteed quiet bonding time with baby every time she/he was hungry!
- Formula costs $2,500 - $4,000 per year. I’d rather spend it at the mall.
- I could cheat on my fat burning workout – it takes about 500 calories a day to produce the milk. Yeah!
- I was too much of a zombie to prepare a bottle at 2am – the bottles were warm and ready!
- I never came to my six-week check-up pregnant. Fertility is delayed with breastfeeding.
- I wanted my babies to be little whiz-brains. IQ levels are an average of 8 points higher in children who were breastfed.
- I thought it was cool when I found out that the breast detects the enzymes in a baby’s mouth and tailor-makes the milk to meet the needs of that individual baby. You can’t get that from formula!
- I didn’t need a gas mask to change my baby’s diaper. Most breastfed babies have mild stools.
- Happy baby means happy mommy. Research shows there are anti-infective properties in breast milk, which causes breastfed babies to be half as likely to get sick during their first year as compared to formula fed babies.
- I couldn’t beat the convenience of being able to pull off to the side of the road with a ready dinner for baby when I was on a long trip.
The ultimate reason I breastfed, all those happy faces!
It’s not just a cliché – they really do grow up so fast. Relax, bond and enjoy them while they can still crawl up into your arms.
If you need more information or breastfeeding help, I highly recommend lalecheleague.org
Thank you for visiting!
Founder of Skinies